IN MEMORY OF DAD
1 Peter 1;8,9
Psalm 84 and Isaiah 40;28-31
In memory of my father, Lawrence B. Martin who was born in rural Ontario on May 27th,1934. Dad passed into the presence of his Saviour on May 11th, 2005 after a life of challenges and serving were completed.
There are many memories - too many to recall. But here are some of them:
- the day trips in the red 1963 Ford
- seeing our first television!
- the summers at camp and dad trying to teach me how to swim
- working with dad at the factory
- dad made sure you swept the floors right or you had to do it over!
- riding along with dad as he delivered ice blocks to the Mennonite neighbours
- BBQ meals at home, picnics at the park
- those chores, like cleaning out the rabbits and mowing the grass
- getting our first bicycles and dad teaching us to ride (or trying to)
- keeping very close records of money owed and earned!
- Dad’s jokes
- the daily Bible readings
- going to Sunday school every Sunday
- Dad listening to Blue Jays baseball games on the radio
Written by Ken Martin and read at dad’s funeral service on May 11, 2005.